Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Independent Underground Hip Hop

To some it's just music. Just a catchy beat and hook.  To others it's a life stlye, a way of life.  All genres of music have there own appeal.  Each person takes a way something different from every song and every genre.  My music of choice is independent underground hip hop. I love artist like Brother Ali, Atmosphere, Immortal Technique, Doomtree, Grieves, Living Legends and Dilated Peoples, just to name a few. For me it's a passion.  It's about the real people, real, deep, meaningful lyrics.  The music speaks to me.  Whether it's a bad day at work, the troubles that life throws at you, or just a good memory, there is always a song that I can relate to.  My moods dictate what songs I listen to, and the songs dictate my moods.
I understand hip hop isn't for everyone. But if you havn't truely listened to it how can ever judge it? Most people think of hip hop as gangsters, booty, booze, and money, thanks to tv and radio. The underground is a whole other world. It's real artists with deep lyrics about life, love, family and politics. The artists are real people just like you and me who will take time before and after the shows to talk to their fans, sell merch, and get feed back.
My goal here is to share my passion with you. In future blogs I will share my favorite lyrics with you, and share what they mean to me. I will cover artists, shows, and cd releases.  If this interests you, follow my blogs and my twitter! @_real_hip_hop peace!!

1 comment:

  1. Hip hop is more diverse than any other musical culture we have in our country. It has spread world wide and all of us are trying to find where we fit into this gigantic cultural climate. Dougie I hope this blog does well. I know how much you care about the scene we have been building in our own way. We all contribute to this movement. A struggle for peace, an outlet for our emptions, and most of all the music itself. Cheers mate- No Eyedeas will be lost in the quest.

    ReplyDelete